Friday, October 24, 2008

Shut Up and Jump!

"If the LORD delights in a man's way, he makes his steps firm; though he stumble, he will not fall, for the LORD upholds him with his hand. Psalm 37:23-24

I have heard a story several times about a man that works at the top of a bungee jump. When people get up to the top, out of their nervousness, they are apparently very chatty. So to save time the man just points to his shirt that reads "Shut up and Jump!".

I can relate this to my relationship with God. Sometimes we know what He wants us to do or at least we know He wants us to do something, but we cannot take the first step. For me, I think it is because I am just not sure that I am tied on tight enough. If I jump, does the Lord really have me? Is He really going to catch me or am I going to fall on my face?

We can claim this verse as a promise over our lives. If we are truly seeking God, I believe He is delighted in us. Even if we stumble, He will reel us back in and not let us fall.

Today, let's seek to trust Him in all of our decisions. If you feel the Spirit prompting you to say or do something that you think "I just can't" or you come up with a million excuses - just "Shut up and Jump"!

No comments: