Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Wonderful, Merciful Savior

Psalm 25:6
Psalm 28:6-9

A couple of weeks ago my youngest son, Caleb, had a minor surgery on his tongue. He was born tongue-tied, but had no problems feeding as a baby so we didn't worry about it. However, since he started talking, we noticed that he wasn't saying "L's". Our oldest son, Joel, has speech problems that are not related to his tongue, but it has truly been a difficult road to walk. Therefore, we wanted to do anything we could to prevent a future speech problem with Caleb.


So Caleb was seen by his ENT physician on Monday, and we scheduled the surgery for Tuesday. Since it happened so quickly, I didn't even have time to call everyone and ask them to pray for him! I even felt uneasy because I just didn't feel like we had had the time we needed to pray for our baby! But, Tuesday morning came and Caleb went back to surgery. His doctor came out about 15 minutes later to tell us everything went well and in just a few short minutes, my baby was back in my arms. I felt such an overwhelming sense of gratitude to my Savior.


As I was thanking Him for taking care of my baby, He very quietly spoke to my heart and said, "Yes, but I take care of all these children and sometimes no one acknowledges Me." I sat there broken for a few moments realizing that as a nurse, I have taken care of hundreds of patients and almost all of them have had very good outcomes. However, I am certain that many of them were not Christ followers, nor were they even aware of God's unfailing kindness, love, and mercy to them.

God cares for those that don't serve Him, don't choose Him, have rejected Him, and He even cares for the ones that do not believe He exists. What a picture of mercy. Let us pray that God's kindness will lead them to repentance (Romans 2:4).


That day I truly realized we have a ...

Wonderful, merciful Savior
Precious Redeemer and Friend
Who would have thought that a Lamb could
Rescue the souls of men
Oh you, rescue the souls of men
You are the One that we praise
You are the One we adore
You give the healing and grace our
Hearts always hunger for
Oh, our hearts always hunger for...

- Dawn Rodgers & Eric Wyse




2 comments:

B.J. Price said...

He is such a wonderful, merciful, Savior! I love that song. And I love your blog.

Unknown said...

I love that you use "broken". Its so exact to describe those moments when we are so humbled and awed by Him that we are just wordless. And- for me anyway - it is during those moments ... that I am broken and re-arranged in a better way. Its like I have put myself together and God has to go back and "reset" something and after a while I see... ah yess. this is so much better. Praise His Name.