Thursday, October 23, 2008

"Whom Shall I Fear?"

Psalm 27

Never in my life have I felt like I am surrounded by such fear. If I watch the news or listen to the radio to much, I end up scared to death. Our country is facing dark days. How dark they get could possibly be determined by whether or not the body of Christ stands up for the things of God in this next election. Will we sit by and allow our nation to be taken off into captivity or will we stand up and ask God to have mercy on His remnant of righteous people?

Whatever happens, I have to remind myself that God is in control. He is not surprised by the wickedness that seems to be increasing almost daily in our country. And He has also not left us. His promises are still true. He is still my light, my salvation, the stronghold of my life. He will still keep me safe in the day of trouble. And one day we will be exalted with Him over the enemies of God.

I heard David Nasser say recently that "we are not electing a king. We already have a King".
Let us not forget that.

Today, if you find yourself feeling fear over the coming days, open your Bible and pray Psalm 27 over your life and our country.

No comments: