Friday, August 15, 2008

There's a Judge in Heaven

Daniel 7:9-10

A few days ago my two boys, Joel and Caleb, were playing with Lego's in Joel's room. Suddenly, I heard Joel scream "stop it!" to his brother. I went and asked what was going on and Joel said that Caleb hit him with a block. I looked and Caleb was sitting there like a little angel just putting blocks together. I asked Joel if he was sure that Caleb was hitting him and basically told him I did not believe he was telling the truth. Joel just looked at me and said, "well, that's okay because God saw him and He knows that Caleb did do it!".

Do you ever get frustrated when it seems like someone has gotten away with something? Does it ever upset you when someone is wronged, stolen from, or even murdered and the case goes unsolved? These things do bother me. A few years ago, I watched the news every waking moment when my particular community was hit by the Natalie Holloway tragedy. I prayed everyday that they would find her or that her parents could at least find out what happened to their daughter. And yet, this case and many others still go unsolved.

The truth of the matter is: these cases are not unsolved. God is the supreme judge. He is the Ancient of Days, reigning in wisdom and power. He is so holy, His throne is own wheels so it can follow Him wherever He goes! The King is never without His throne. This is the God we serve. He sees and knows and will judge the unjust acts that happen on this Earth. No kidnapping, no murder, no rape, nothing has escaped His supreme knowledge and judgment.

Even though I thought what Joel said was funny, Joel was satisfied in knowing that God knew what had happened even when I did not. What a reminder it was to me to know that God can be trusted to bring about righteous judgment in His time.

No comments: