Thursday, May 12, 2011

Has God Forgotten Me?

“But Zion said, ‘The Lord has forsaken me, the Lord has forgotten me.’ Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you! See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands” Isaiah 49:15-16.

There have definitely been times in my life where I have felt forgotten by God. Times where I felt He had abandoned me. But, my feelings are not always reality. However, His word is always reality. And it says that He will not forget me because my name is engraved on His hand.

In this passage, the writer asks us if a mother can forget her own child. Even though we would like to say ‘no’, we can look around our society and know that they do. Mothers and fathers walk away from their children every day. Even though that seems unthinkable, it is happening more and more.

Even so, God will never walk away from His child. If you have accepted Him through faith in His Son Jesus, you can have the assurance that no matter what happens in life, God is with you. He has vowed not to forget you and your name is written on the palm of His hand. What an amazing fact this is! How close He holds me to heart!

That’s one big hand! I’m glad He holds me in it. Will you choose to believe His Word today and know that God is with you no matter how you feel?

No comments: