Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Come and Listen to What He Has Done...


Come and see what God has done, how awesome his works in man's behalf. He turned the sea into dry land, they passed through the waters on foot— come, let us rejoice in him. Psalm 66:5-6

Come and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what he has done for me. Psalm 66:16

All through the Old Testament we find examples of the Children of Israel proclaiming what God has done for them. The crossing of the Red Sea was a pretty big deal! There are several references to them reminding each other and reminding God of what He had done for them there. (See Nehemiah 9:11, Joshua 4:23, and Hebrews 11:29).

We also see the Israelites setting up "stones" or memorials to remind themselves of what God had done for them. They did this so when they came upon the stones or their children came upon them, they could tell them what the Lord God had done for them.

It is so important for us to do the same thing. I did not see God part the Red Sea and I did not walk across on dry ground, but He has done miracles in my life. The very fact that I am writing this today is a miracle - and I know I have said that before, but I am going to keep saying it! Although I know I am forgiven, I never want to forget what God brought me out of. I never want to forget the blessings He has bestowed upon us in ministry. I never want to forget the divine appointments He has given me that later on I have stopped and realized that I was being pursued by the Living God. I do not want to forget the times He has showed up and taught me something amazing from His Word. And, because I remember bondage, I never want to forget that He has set me free.

The Israelites talked about what God had done for them so that on days when they felt like saying, "God where are you?" they would remember where He was. He is on His throne and He is watching over us. But, He is also acting in our behalf.

Today, tell someone about a time when God showed up in your life. Proclaim what the Lord has done for you. And, if you find yourself really wondering where God is, remind Him of what He has done for you and humbly ask Him to do it again.

But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect.
1 Corinthians 15:10





No comments: