Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Your Grace is Enough

Published by christiandevotions.us

All rights reserved.

I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. Romans 8:18

There was pain and suffering all around me. The woman at the end of the pew brushed away a tear. She grieved a lost relationship. In front of me a mother had lost the ability to speak. Now she signed every word. To the far end of the worship center, a couple held a severely handicapped child; her medical bills alone stressful, not to mention the day-to-day care.

The congregation sang an awesome song called “Your Grace is Enough.” The song proclaims God is bigger than my circumstances and His grace is enough to see me though them. As we sang, my heart was heavy for the people around me. “Your grace is enough,” we proclaimed as we sang. It was an amazing moment in worship when broken hearts cried out to God that their present suffering could not even compare with the greatness of Him or the grace He bestows upon us.

Everyone experiences struggles and suffering. This is as much a part of life as the sun rising each morning. It is in our trials we grow and here we learn to understand that His grace is sufficient. However, this life is but a vapor and eternity is unfathomable. When we reach eternity with Christ, there will not be one moment of suffering ever again. In light of this fact, “our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.”

Therefore, I want to suffer with faithfulness. Whatever I am going through, I want to be faithful to God — even when I don’t feel like it. Join me as I express those feelings to God today. He is big enough to handle them. And His grace is enough… for me and for you.

No comments: