Friday, July 25, 2008

The Glory of Christ in All Things

Please enjoy these words of wisdom from my wonderful husband, B. J., today. Have a great weekend and thanks to all of you who have sent comments via e-mail! I am praying for you!


"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." (Romans 8:28NIV)

Why must we suffer in this life? What good could possibly come from hardship? For that matter, what value do I place on the difficulties I face when I am simply trying to obey God's will?

I have drank from this verse many times when feeling like my life was on the brink of disaster. The words of Romans 8:28 never cease to satisfy. They sustain me through the hard times.

I love this truth. My everyday life and ministry hinges on this truth. God has proven its accuracy time and time again. He truly works all things out for my good and his glory.

Today, as an act of worship, let us lift up praise and thanksgiving to our God for proving his faithfulness to us in all things. He never abandons us. He never leaves us. He works in and through us to display his glorious grace.

Father, thank you for working through even the smallest details of my life. Today, I agree with Paul, who wrote under the inspiration of Your Spirit, that in all things you work for my good. Thank you for giving me everything I need to live this new life.

God's amazing grace is most clearly displayed not in our strength but in our weaknesses. Jesus said it this way, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." (2 Corinthians 12:9)

No comments: